On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Alex Harvey <alexharv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as submitting the patch I have got myself stuck in a corner using
> GitHub.  I did read CONTRIBUTING.md but apparently too quickly because I
> missed the bit about the need to create a topic branch when I submitted my
> patch for #14674.  So I would really like to just blow everything away and
> clone a new copy of facter, and create my topic branch properly this time.
> Trouble is, I am waiting on the code review for #14674 and GitHub doesn't
> easily let you create multiple forked copies of the repo.

Being on the branch is nice, but not critical. It really matters if
you are going to be continue to work on facter, though, otherwise your
new commits start to show up in the pull request that you submitted.

There should be no need to creating a new fork to fix this problem.
>From your original fork you should be able to do (assuming you have
upstream that points to the puppetlabs facter repo)

  git fetch upstream
  git checkout -b
ticket/1.6.x/ensure-processor-calls-only-done-on-correct-platform
upstream/1.6.x
  git cherry-pick 1.6.x^^^...1.6.x
  git checkout 1.6.x
  git reset --hard upstream/1.6.x

That should pull all of your commits onto a new branch. Be certain
that it has worked before you do that last command because that will
throw away the commits on the 1.6.x branch (they are actually still
around, but hard to get at).

I also noticed that you reference ticket #14764
(https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/14764) in your commits. Are
you sure that is the right bug?