On Friday, May 3, 2013 2:46:27 PM UTC-7, henrik lindberg wrote:

> Hi,
> I have now finished the work on "ARM-3 Puppet Templates" - the proposal
> is here:
>
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/armatures/blob/master/arm-3.puppet_templates/puppet_templates.md

Hi Henrik, I am pretty excited about this change but I have a couple of
questions, for you or for the general audience.

Do you think it will be desirable to phase out/deprecate ERB templating? Or
would Puppet benefit from supporting two templating languages?

Seems like on the one hand it's nice to be more consistent language-wise
and not force users to shift mentally (`$var` in Puppet vs `var` in ERB has
caused me much head-scratching in the past!) but if there are things that
people need to do in templates that aren't in the DSL's vocabulary it would
be a loss.

If you want to try out the implementation, you need to pull it from my
> branch (shown above) and then run with the setting --parser future

 I will try it out and let you know how it goes.

-eric0