On 21/08/13 21:12, Trevor Vaughan wrote:
> Interesting. I was thinking that he would be using the resource as part
> of a type value. I suppose if you pass it directly to the provider it
> would work but it seems that any manipulation in the type itself
> wouldn't work.
> 
> Happy to be wrong though.

I suspect there's some truth to what you're saying, depending on when
the value's used.  If I was trying to access the other resource from the
type's parameter setter or similar, then I suspect this would be parse
order dependent.

Using the other resource from a provider in the compiled catalog, should
be late enough in the process that it's fully accessible.

Thanks for your feedback Dan and Trevor.

-- 
Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Puppet Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-dev.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to