----- Original Message -----

Sure, are you suggesting everyone who download a module from the forge study
its internals, find all its contained classes and add these just so that

  require => Class["forge_module"]

will "work"?

In the example consider class one and two to be part of a forge module, and
three to be my site specific module that I wish to have a dependency on the
entirety of the forge module.

The actual comments in anchor explains this well see
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/blob/master/lib/puppet/type/anchor.rb

I want to just be able to say Class["ntp"] -> Class["mysql"] and not have to
be concerned with the inner workings of the ntp module - here in the comments
using 3 contained classes

The only way today to do that is by adding all these anchor things - and that's
the bug that leads to a horrible user experience and 100s of unneeded resources