Hello,

is there a way for a custom provider to define a method that flushes
resources afer *all* resources are processed?

I have a custom type to manage configuration aspects of a specific
application and I need to restart that application for configuration
changes to take effect. If I define a flush method for my provider
instances, I'd end up with multiple restarts in one run if more than
resource is out of sync, but I'd rather just do one restart after the
last resource is processed.

Currently I do the restart with an exec resource and every resource
notifies the exec, which does exactly what I want (zero restarts on no
changes, and one restart if one one or more resources are out of sync).
However I'd rather do without the exec.

Something along these lines might also be useful for the puppetlabs
firewall provider because from a first glance, it calls iptables-save
for every changed resource, so you can also end up with multiple calls
during one puppet run.

-Stefan