I could be way off here, but shouldn't you be testing the resource $bar
ends up in, rather than the value of $bar itself?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Trevor Vaughan <tvaug...@onyxpoint.com>wrote:

> Hmm...so you're saying that I would mock the variable result with the real
> function to get the real result?
>
> That's doesn't make me super happy but if it works, I'll take it!
>
> Trevor
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Johan De Wit <jo...@open-future.be>wrote:
>
>>  I stumbled against this text :
>>
>> you can write a mock function my_mock_function.rb and put it under
>>
>> {module name}/spec / fixtures / modules / {module name}/ lib / puppet /
>> parser /
>>
>> If you put the real function(s) so there ?
>>

>> On 28/03/14 15:39, Trevor Vaughan wrote:
>>
>>   Hopefully I didn't just overlook this in the docs but, in
>> rspec-puppet, how would you go about getting the value of $bar from the
>> following?
>>
>>  class foo {
>>    $bar = interesting_function('baz')
>> }
>>
>>  I've inspected everything that I think is obvious and I don't want to
>> try and stub what 'interesting_function' should be doing since it's dynamic.
>>
>>  Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Trevor
>>
>> --
>> Trevor Vaughan
>> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
>> (410) 541-6699
>> tvaug...@onyxpoint.com
>>
>> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --
>>    --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoVY%3DCtqRSjbOQYN-j%2B9PCkfYbXnGW-9qPOf1R6ZB%3DtNSA%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoVY%3DCtqRSjbOQYN-j%2B9PCkfYbXnGW-9qPOf1R6ZB%3DtNSA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

>> --
>> Johan De Wit
>>
>> Open Source Consultant
>>
>> Red Hat Certified Engineer              (805008667232363)
>> Puppet Certified Professional 2013/2014 (PCP0000006)
>>
>> Open-Future                 Phone     +32 (0)2/255 70 70
>> Zavelstraat 72              Fax       +32 (0)2/255 70 71
>> 3071 KORTENBERG             Mobile    +32 (0)474/42 40 73
>> BELGIUM                     http://www.open-future.be
>>

>> Upcoming Events:
>>
>> Puppet Introduction Course |
>> http://www.open-future.be/puppet-introduction-course-14th-april
>>
>> Puppet Advanced Training |
>> http://www.open-future.be/puppet-advanced-training-15-till-17th-april
>>
>> Linux Training | https://www.open-future.be/linux-training-5-till-9th-may
>>
>> Puppet Introduction Course |
>> https://www.open-future.be/puppet-introduction-course-12th-may
>>
>> Subscribe to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/BUG8H
>>
>>  --

> Trevor Vaughan
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699
> tvaug...@onyxpoint.com
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

> [...]

James Sweeny
Professional Services
http://puppetlabs.com/

*Join us at PuppetConf 2014, September 23-24 in San Francisco -
http://2014.puppetconf.com <http://2014.puppetconf.com>*