Hallo everybody,
I've tried to look around in the group for past discussions about this
topic but haven't found any.
If this has been already debated , please forgive me and point me to the
right direction.

I wonder what do you thing about a feature request to have data bindings
also for defines' parameters.

Naming is straightforward, a define like:
apache::vhost { 'example.com': }

could have its params looked in this namespace:
apache::vhost::example.com::<parameter>

My poor understanding of Puppet code points me to:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/master/lib/puppet/resource.rb#L343
and makes me guess that such a change should not be too difficult.

I see many wonderful use cases for such a feature and no apparent cons.

What do you think?

I've opened a ticket about this:

https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-2528

al