Pull request triage - 2014-05-14

Joined: Adrien, Ethan, Felix (community), Henrik, Kylo, JoshC, PeterH, Rob

Candidates for merging:
  - 2492: (PUP-1381) issue warnings to current users of cron purging
  - 2549: (PUP-2298) add support for Type#in_valid_catalog? methods to
transaction
  - 2575: (PUP-2360) Yumrepo type allows invalid values
  - 2577: (PUP-2356) Added some extra yumrepo options
  - 2547: (PUP-2454) Don't purge system users on OpenBSD
  - 559: (FACT-233) Add dhcp_server fact
      merged, but requires follow-up given there may need to be a new
ticket for F20

Held over:

Puppet:

2492: (PUP-1381) issue warnings to current users of cron purging
  - Sending back to felix with the suggestion that he try option 3.
  - Felix to keep tinkering on it, Andy to look more closely.
  - Ready for review, Andy to pull into sprint for 3.7.x
  - Kicked out of the 05/14 - 05/21 sprint, hopefully we'll get to it this
week

2473: (PUP-1775) Acquire and block for Yum's lock to prevent corruption
  - Closed in favor of removing yumhelper.py and using `yum check-update`

2472: (PUP-2040) Allow excluding files from module build package
  - Closed in favor of FORGE-56.

2468 (PUP-2079): Add mechanism to allow template files to be copied without
getting parsed
  - This is a modules/forge team, Adrien to ping everybody remotely related
to the forge
  - The changes that were blocking this have landed. Kylo pinging pvande
again.
  - Need to ping pvande again to verify / merge
  - Still no response, will wait another week

2479: (PUP-2031) unless_uid on user is completely broken wrt ranges
  - This removes pseudo ranges from unless_uid, adds comma separated values
  - Further simplify inputs to [String | Integer | Array<String | Integer>]
  - Decided to take current PR as is. This change will backout special
Range syntax, and users should use range function in stdlib
  - Closed in favor of GH-2652.

2549: (PUP-2298) add support for Type#in_valid_catalog? methods to
transaction
  - Adrien to ping Felix based on TravisCI failures
  - Thumbs up, Adrien to pull into next sprint or two
  - Kicked out of the 05/14 - 05/21 sprint, hopefully we'll get to it this
week

2501: (PUP-2569) (maint) Return last serial from SSL inventory
  - Andy to log a ticket, continue discussion on ticket, e.g. revoke all
certificates for a specified name
  - PR needs to be updated with issue # in commit, revoke all certificates
with a given name, preserve existing API
  - Kylo to update pull request

2575: (PUP-2360) Yumrepo type allows invalid values
  - PR spec tests updated, pulling into 05/21 - 05/28 sprint

2577: (PUP-2356) Added some extra yumrepo options
  - Charlie to follow up with contributor on test failures
  - Otherwise, Adrien and Charlie give this the +1
  - PR spec tests updated, pulling into 05/21 - 05/28 sprint

2639: (PUP-1843) Restore hiera indirector terminus
  - Andy commented that this duplicates code, waiting on Erik

2557: (PUP-2578) Unbreak OpenBSD services from packages which set local
flags
  - Needs tests, Rob to comment
  - Our current sprint is pretty full, won't be able to pull into this
week's sprint
  - Sprint is still pretty full, deferring for another week

2558: (PUP-1069) upgradeable OpenBSD package provider
  - Second PR to adding this functionality
  - Adrien to comment in the PR that we want this but will need to defer
another week (2x)

2563: (PUP-2311) OpenBSD uninstall broken with multiple uninstall_options
  - Merged!

2547: (PUP-2454) Don't purge system users on OpenBSD
  - Current behavior is dangerous on OpenBSD & Debian, this would provide
incremental improvement
  - Pull request updated for Debian but Debian system UIDs are 100 - 999,
comment added
  - Will pull into sprint after next (2x)

2606: (doc) Document ssh_authorized_key purging
  - Merged!

2605: (PUP-1381) Read all crontabs
  - Felix to update PR with JIRA ticket for 4.0
  - Felix to file separate deprecation_warning ticket for 3.7
  - Felix to update pull request with points from triage discussion

2615: (PUP-2458) Tests for providers inheriting from providers of another
type
  - Merged!

2616: (PUP-1070) Cleanup empty/invalid lockfile
  - Puppet used to use an empty lockfile to mean the agent is
administratively disabled
  - Andy and Adrien to add comments
  - Adrien to not overcommit us for another sprint, we're going to defer on
this.

2666: (maint) Resolve some documentation TODOs in Puppet::Type
  - There are concerns about #uniqueness_key being public API, and composite
    namevars are not well supported. We need to decide if we want to really
    support those.

Discussion: can we add `unless` and `onlyif` as metaparameters for all
resources? Discussion outcome: ...maybe?

--
Adrien Thebo | Puppet Labs