I've skipped everything else about these messages to beg for this too, this
is the single most important change we can make to the language to allow
users to use modules off the forge more easily.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Trevor Vaughan <tvaug...@onyxpoint.com>
wrote:

> there is a desire to be able to specify the same resource multiple times -
>> if the values are the same, or augmenting values then it is not a conflict
>>

> Yes, please! I've wanted this for years!
>
> Trevor
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Henrik Lindberg <
> henrik.lindb...@cloudsmith.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, and another insight - there is a desire to be able to specify the
>> same resource multiple times - if the values are the same, or augmenting
>> values then it is not a conflict. This will require the new catalog builder
>> we have been sketching on since it has a richer catalog model.
>>
>> It just struck me, that if we do that, then there is really no difference
>> between a Resource Override, and specifying values more than once and the
>> Resource Override syntax can be removed.
>>
>> - henrik
>>

>> --

> Trevor Vaughan
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699
> tvaug...@onyxpoint.com
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoXEmCqKWGZ92jzApa_qP4RKk7zdodUL6OgxiPMU5tc4SQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoXEmCqKWGZ92jzApa_qP4RKk7zdodUL6OgxiPMU5tc4SQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Ashley Penney
ashley.pen...@puppetlabs.com
Module Engineer

*Join us at PuppetConf 2014**, September 23-24 in San Francisco
- http://puppetconf.com <http://puppetconf.com/>*