On Monday, July 21, 2014 3:00:11 PM UTC-5, Andy Parker wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Nan Liu <nan...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm using puppet-system module and the usage of the schedule
>> metaparameter is generating a large amount of warnings similar to the one
>> below (about 30 lines):
>>
>> Warning: schedule is a metaparam; this value will inherit to all
>> contained resources in the system::sysconfig::puppet definition
>>

> I'm actually surprised that is a warning and not a flat out error. The
> effect that it has is that now a user can't have a list of metaparams in
> their head when reading code and know when a parameter is *truly* one and
> and when it isn't.

I don't understand.  Surely 'schedule' *is* a documented metaparameter, and
the behavior described in the warning is the normal behavior for
metaparameters.  Why should this even be a warning, much less an error?
And how is any metaparameter not "truly" a metaparameter?  What am I
missing here?

John