On 10/01/2014 04:01 AM, Kylo Ginsberg wrote:
> * a later-in-the-day time (so US East Coast people could chime in
> after work)

*mumble, grumble* Well, I guess that would free up my Wednesday every
other week... ;-)

> * pre-announced focus for triage sessions (or ad-hoc sessions?)

Not sure what precipitated this. I kind of like the current "look at
whats up with Facter, Hiera and finally Puppet" thing and going through
the PRs in whatever order. In a perfect world, we'd have enough headway
at most times to touch on almost all open PRs.

ad-hoc sessions, well - sure, if someone can just drag the PR team from
IRC to a hangout, that could be worthwhile. Other than that, I
personally like to be able to plan for the "main event" triages (leaving
from work early, not doing other things etc.)

> 2) We're trying out putting the triage notes up on github (we'll still
> send out email as well). E.g. last triage's notes are at:

Here's another idea - I feel that "held over" PRs are limiting triage
throughput. It might just be me, but we're usually spending more than
half the time revisiting the stuff that was not yet concluded. Perhaps
it would be easier to

1. restructure the notes to form a lookup list, that allows the
moderator to look for notes on a specific PR when that PR comes up
2. use a strict "least recently updated" order of PRs to look at
3. perhaps prefaced with a "most recently updated" for such PRs that had
activity within the last seven days, i.e. since the previous triage

Additionally, the week to-do list for the PR team should likely
separated from the triage notes, so that it's more easier for you guys
to check things off it.

I'm not sure that this would work any better than what we do now,
looking forward to more discussion.

Cheers,
Felix