On Fri Dec 12 2014 at 7:01:58 PM Trevor Vaughan <tvaug...@onyxpoint.com>
wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> Do you have any plans for a blog post on what it took to get switched?
>
> Almost everything that I've tried has worked well with my biggest issue
> being String Integer to bare Integer comparison situations.

Right, we had some issues with those, and specifically that integers were
sent to functions that cold only handle strings. The most common case of
that was that the range function in stdlib didn't handle integer parameters
:(
That is fixed in master at least:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/pull/365

Another somewhat common number related change we had to make was manifests
that used numbers like 05 as the order parameter to concat::fragment or
similar resource types. That is interpreted as a octal number in future
parser, so the order is just 5 instead of "05". These were all changed to
be strings with integers in them instead. Possibly the concat module could
be changed to sprintf integers using two digits and 0 padding, but that
would be a backwards incompatible change, although it would likely help
most users with backwards compatibility :)
These were really easy to find using git grep though.