TL;DR: go to http://puppetconf.com to find out details about PuppetConf and
submit a talk proposal, as submissions are now open.

This year PuppetConf is coming back to Portland, Oregon, and I'm really
excited to have the conference come back to the home of Puppet Labs HQ.

It's on Oct 5-9 this year, and I wanted to make sure the community knew
that the Call For Proposals is open, and we're really keen to get at least
as many great talks submitted as we had last year.

I'd specifically like to also call out that we're offering a limited number
of travel scholarships for accepted PuppetConf speakers who come from
underrepresented backgrounds and where financial support is a barrier to
their participation.

*** If you'd like to find out more about this program, even if you're
unsure whether or not you're going to submit a paper, please reach out to
me, as I'm more than happy to chat about it.  ***

That goes for any other topic around PuppetConf submissions too.

You can find all the details here:
https://puppet.wufoo.com/forms/mqsfhz81fk6gaz/ but here's a repost from
that page of the kinds of topics we're interested in:

- Introductory topics for getting started with Puppet, modules, and other
Puppet-related technologies (think OpenStack, AWS, VMware, DSC... and
whatever else you have Puppet working with).
- Using Puppet to solve problems around release management, continuous
delivery, application release automation, change control and more.
- Advanced tips and tricks for using Puppet, PuppetDB, Razor, Facter, etc.
- DevOps best practices around automation, culture, measurement and sharing.
- Cloud topics, including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and hybrid deployments.
- Details of your learning journey, with a focus on what’s next for your
infrastructure. For example, what new automation technologies have you
experimented with, and what have you learned about using them in your
environment?
- Cool tools. Present on the tools you think the community should know more
about.
- Business topics like vendor selection hacks, managed service provider
(MSP) considerations, budgeting, etc.
- People-related topics around recruiting, management, team building,
career development and collaboration.
- Lessons learned from agents of change: how to overcome organizational
inertia, getting buy-in, the results of automation, what you have planned
next and what it will take to get there.

Submissions are due by midnight PDT on Sunday, May 17, 2015, and as
mentioned, I'm more than happy to chat about any questions you might have.

--
Nigel