Hi,

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:54:09 PM UTC+1, henrik lindberg wrote:

> On 2015-28-04 15:16, Erik Dalén wrote:
> > Do any of you have any tips in regards to unit testing function using
> > the v4 API in modules?
> >
> > I would like to do something like this:
> >
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/master/spec/unit/functions/scanf_spec.rb
>

> > But PuppetSpec::Compiler & Matchers::Resource are in the spec/lib
> > directory of puppet which I can't depend on from a module AFAIK.
> >
> > Is there something equivalent in puppetlabs_spec_helper that works for
> > v4 API functions?
> >
> There is an updated version of puppet-rspec that will help with this. (I
> heard about this yesterday). Hunner knows more.

rspec-puppet 2.1.0 should have all that work. There are a few more patches
and bug fixes in the pipeline, but 2.1.0 should already get you far.

Some examples of rspec-puppet only function testing can be found in the
upcoming refresh of stdlib's function specs, currently in my WIP branch
here:

https://github.com/DavidS/puppetlabs-stdlib/commits/modules-1882-rspec-puppet-migration

Regards, David