Hi all,

I recently noticed that Zack Smith forked and has been maintaining
R.I.Pienaars' puppet-catalog-diff. This tool can now produce JSON reports,
which contain lots of interesting information, but are not very readable
for normal human beings.

I've been wanting to use the tool for Puppet environment preflight, and so
I made a web interface to display and analyse those JSON reports.

The project can be found (and forked)
at https://github.com/camptocamp/puppet-catalog-diff-viewer and a live demo
is available at http://camptocamp.github.io/puppet-catalog-diff-viewer/.
The code is pure Javascript (using Bootstrap and d3js) and doesn't store
any data whatsoever, so feel free to test your own reports on the interface.

The tool also allows to ack diff information (all data are loss when you
reload the report though) to help filter out the information.

Here is a (anonymized) screenshot of the interface

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qNxi9VY69Qw/VW2zOA0wghI/AAAAAAAAAMA/_Tjvjd00DiM/s1600/Screenshot%2Bfrom%2B2015-06-02%2B15-38-29_censored.jpg>

Feedback is obviously welcome, as well as PRs!

Cheers,

Raphaël