Hi All

Docker Inc have moved their official repos, and at the same time
expanded them so they're shipped packages for lots more distros. Oh,
also the name of the package has changed, from lxc-docker to
docker-engine.

http://blog.docker.com/2015/07/new-apt-and-yum-repos/#comment-247448

I'm looking at shipping a 5.0 release of the garethr/docker module to
add support for this, WIP in
https://github.com/garethr/garethr-docker/pull/311

And I had a few questions which I reasoned I'd ask here.

*  Previously the module defaulted to upstream docker packages for
Ubuntu, and used distro packages for everything else (because they
didn't exist). I'm proposing to change this, so everything by default
uses the upstream. And to document how you can use your distro of
choices version. Any reason why that's not the best option?

* The change in repo and the change in package-name mean a certain
level of juggling. Remove the old repo, remove the old package, add
the new, etc. I'm not sure that's best dealt with by the module, I'm
not sure I'd want updating the module to (for instance) remove docker
and every running containers on all hosts. Open to ideas about how
best to signpost this change however.

Any thoughts much appreciated, especially if you're using the module in anger.

Cheers

Gareth

--
Gareth Rushgrove