A couple of tooling announcements (or maybe just things that happened)
during the week of PuppetConf.

1. Our tool to build our clojure services and packages was open sourced.
It's called ezbake[1] (like the oven). It uses our packaging[2] repo as
well.  The way our services are managed in terms of init scripts, defaults
and the like are all contained within ezbake.

2. Our tool build out AIO packages (for agent or other items) was also open
sourced. It's called vanagon[3]. Of note, the actual repo with puppet-agent
is not yet open as there is still a bit of cleanup required. It's going to
happen soon. (Weeks not months).

Vanagon was designed to be a build system that worked on any environment
that can run rsync and has a libc. It doesn't require ruby on the target,
or need vagrant. It can build on physical or virtual targets (and has a
docker engine). It was about minimal dependencies. Vanagon operates with a
control node talking to the target host. It also integrates very nicely
with our vmpooler[4] which is used in our testing system. Issues with this
project can filed in the CPR[5] project on our jira. API doc[6] is
available on my fork, since we haven't gotten all of that integrated into
CI yet.

I realize this intro is a little sparse, we'll have more information soon.
We wanted to get these out though.

[1] https://github.com/puppetlabs/ezbake
[2] https://github.com/puppetlabs/packaging
[3] https://github.com/puppetlabs/vanagon.