On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 11:51:30 AM UTC-5, James Perry wrote:

> I am getting an odd error when running rake spec on my module.  The
> functions work fine when setup in Puppet, but when I try to test it rspec
> is kicking out an error about my $myarr arrays.  When I comment it out, the
> tests pass.
>
> What they heck does this error mean and why does it complain when Puppet
> uses it just fine?

I'm inclined to suspect that the "it" that Puppet uses just fine is
something altogether different from the code you presented for our
consideration.  File names, contents, and line numbers do not appear to be
consistent among your error message, spec file, and manifest.  If you want
help, then please present the smallest *complete* example you can come up
with that demonstrates the problem, along with the details of the
environment you're testing in and the full, original error message(s)
corresponding to the example. Who knows -- you might even discover the
issue in the process of preparing that.

FWIW, the code you presented for class mymodule looks ok to me, modulo the
contents of the unprovided mymodule::myparams class.

John