On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Trevor Vaughan <tvaug...@onyxpoint.com>
wrote:

> I was digging through some output from 'puppet generate types' and noticed
> that some of my custom types that have composite namevars were throwing an
> error "title patterns that use procs are not supported".

When using `puppet generate types`, we want to create a data only
representation of the type, which can be loaded into (j)ruby without
breaking environment isolation. If the title pattern has a Proc, then it
would have to be ruby evaluated at compile time.

> Are there plans to support this pattern and, if not, what is a sensible
> migration pattern to move away without ending up with resources where the
> name has no significant relation to the resource purpose?

Can you do the same thing we did for java_ks:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-java_ks/commit/3526d1c0a0f7026ac0821faf08912506d3be8d11#diff-27ec6dfe6ca7afd5e9779bf92105154a
?

> Thanks,
>
> Trevor
>
> --
> Trevor Vaughan
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699 x788
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

> msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoXaVabKFbyg-f4nGou%3Dd%
> 2BO4R52eECXNxbRnjSijtNh5mg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CANs%2BFoXaVabKFbyg-f4nGou%3Dd%2BO4R52eECXNxbRnjSijtNh5mg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Josh Cooper | Software Engineer
j...@puppet.com | @coopjn