Thanks for the answers, but they raise more questions, if I may.

1. For puppet to make use of a .gemrc, should it be in root's homedir?

2, When Ashley states thatI can use "exec" to manage the install, I get it,
but that begs the question of whether Package truly can't add arguments.
Does anybody know.

I'm not a Ruby guy at all, just a sysadmin in a ruby shop, so some of this
is a bit new to me.

Thanks,
</edg>