Ok, I have gotten Puppet up and running. I am about to start testing
out some more of the functions but there does not appear to be any
place that describes all the options to a function.

For example File:   I have seen examples with
file { /etc/passwd: mode->777, ensure->file, owner->nobody, group-
>nobody, source->puppet://xyz.com/linux-distro, target->"/dev/null"}

but I can not find any documentation on what are all the possible
setting for like ensure.

Now I am only using file as an example, as I am starting to look at
the commonly used modules "Common, and virtual" and I don't seem to
find any docs that would help me get started like

Apache Virtual Host:
Function: apache
Arguments
url: [describe argument for url and possible settings]
port:
Allow:

Is there anything like this or do I have to pick though the code of
ever options I want to use.

Thanks

Ed