Hi all,

I need advice about the right puppet way of doing things.

my task is to deploy a client software, which includes generating a
configuration file
using a text-file which maps the clients to the server.

I´ve create custom facts, which parse the mapping file and these
values are
used within an erb-template.

problem is that facter is only run at puppet startup (?), and a new
mapping file
copied during the puppet run will not be recognized - as puppet will
fill in the
old facter values which results in a wrong configuration file.

my only solutions so far is to run puppet twice, which is not good.

are there other possible solutions, maybe writing my own function (not
read yet)?

thanks
,
Stefan