Hi All,
I'm very happily using puppet in a large environment, but I ran into a
problem:

In our environment, we create multiple root accounts (via NIS), so
that each UNIX admin can have a root-priveledge account, but with
their own password.

This is presenting a problem in using puppet to manage root-owned cron
jobs. On RHEL linux, puppet is running 'crontab -l', 'crontab -r', etc
without specifying the -u root argument. This causes crontab to go
lookup the owner of UID zero, which can return any number of names.

This causes multiple crontab files to be created, under different
names, all of which execute, causing mass confusion.

I see from the sources of the crontab filetype that -u will be
specified if the user specified differs from the process UID. Is there
any way to work around this, to get puppet to always specify the -u
argument?

Thanks,
  Erik Burrows