Hi,

I've learned how to generate client certs on the master, and
distribute them to the client machine as part of the OS install
process, and added my learnings to the wiki,
see:

        startup questions - Puppet Users | Google Groups
and
        Certificates And Security - puppet - Trac

Now, I need to figure out how to build a new puppetmaster, and
transfer all the certs from the previous puppetmaster to the new one.
The server that the new puppetmaster runs on will have a different
hostname than the old puppetmaster server.

Is this possible?

How can I prevent the first puppetmaster from encoding its hostname in
the certs?  I just want the puppetmaster and clients to
think they are talking to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I'll make sure there is a
CNAME in my DNS so that this resolves to whatever machine is running
the puppetmaster.

What are the important files to transfer in /etc/puppet/ca ?

FYI, I am using version 0.24.4

Any advice appreciated....

Don