Todd Zullinger wrote:
> James Turnbull wrote:
>
>> I usually leave that to the packagers.  We only include the spec
>> file as a convenience - we expect downstream to handle the fine
>> details.  If you need it updated in the meantime please do it
>> manually.
>>

> Indeed, I'm sure you have quite enough to do already James (and
> thanks)!
>
> Anyway, packages for Fedora and EPEL should be arriving soon.  If you
> want an updated spec that should work on Fedora>= 8 and EPEL>= 5,
> see the Fedora CVS repository:
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/puppet/devel/
>
> If you want to build for EPEL-4, you'll need to do one of the
> following:
>
>     a) build ruby-augeas
>     b) wait until David gets a chance to branch and push a build
>     c) remove 'Requires: ruby-augeas' from the spec file

Just a heads up.

0.24.7 has not hit EPEL testing yet and i cannot find it anywhere in the
EPEL buildsys.

Also, the latest spec file, as per link above, "Requires: ruby-augeas"
which at last check is not in EPEL either and therefore installation
will fail on RHEL/CentOS.  Packaged ruby-augeas is only available from
the "dlutter" repo at present or roll you own.

Ben