On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 04:54:53PM -0600, Luke Kanies wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd appreciate your help improving our understanding of what the
> community is most looking for from Puppet, how Reductive Labs
> manages  it, and how best to provide services around the project.
>
> Toward this end, we've created a short survey (it should take you
> less  than ten minutes):
>
> http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/95175/q1-2008-puppet-user-survey

This survey presents a challenge for me.  My work has lots of
machines and uses cfengine (as an aside, Nate Campi's my boss's
boss, and while he's certainly willing to take my word that Puppet
is better at this point, there's a *lot* of stuff we'd have to
convert (I count 630K lines of cfengine config), and it's not really
worth the effort).

All 3 of my person machines are puppet managed.  The way the
survey's written, I'd fill out stuff about my personal machines.

But I don't *want* Puppet optimized for my 3 personal boxes; I want
Puppet optimized for my work, even though we're not (currently)
using it there.

Not sure what to do with that.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something