Looks like upgrades are working with this approach but downgrades
fail. Of course, this condition I'm seeing could exist due to the fact
that I'm managing 2 packages where packageB depends on packageA.
Perhaps it is possible to downgrade a single package...

Any thoughts or insights out there?

Best,
Adam