On Feb 17, 2009, at 9:42 AM, Jeff wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what this means?
>
> puppetd --test
> notice: Ignoring cache
> err: Could not retrieve configuration: return can't jump across
> threads at /var/puppet/modules/atg/manifests/init.pp:298 on node
>
> On that line, I call this custom function:
>
> module Puppet::Parser::Functions
>
>  require 'inifile'
>
>  newfunction(:awi_ports, :type=>:rvalue) do |args|
>    type   = args[0]
>    server = args[1]
>    ini = IniFile::new( )
>    ini.load("/var/puppet/modules/atg/manifests/ports.conf")
>
>    if ini[type].nil? == true
>      return -1
>    end
>
>    ini[type].each { |k, v|
>      if k==server
>        return v
>      else
>        return -1
>      end
>    }
>  end
> end

Hrm, that's clearly a ruby error, and it's one I've never seen.  I
can't think of what it would be, and it doesn't look like you're doing
anything with threads.  Maybe IniFile is doing threading that you need
to be cognizant of?

--
Anyone who considers arithmatical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin. --John Von Neumann