Hey gang,

I'm having an issue on EL5 making FACTER_ style environment variables
visible to Facter when called by the Puppet daemon.

My first attempt was to create /etc/profile.d/facter.[c]sh scripts that
set the correct variables. This worked fine when Facter was called on
the command line (as you'd expect), but the variables were not visible
when Puppet ran Facter itself.

Next I tried adding the variables to /etc/sysconfig/puppet, as this file
is included by the init.d script that runs Puppet. However, this didn't
work either.

Does anyone know of a way of setting environment variables so that they
are visible to Facter when called during normal Puppet operation?

Thanks,
Avi