> Can you elaborate on where the reuse is necessary?

In my case in the sections of httpd.conf. I'd love to find a way to
have some 'abstract' modssl, modproxy,modesc sections and derive from
it for inbound/outbound traffic specifc configuration snippets
assembling appropriate httpd.conf at the end (Have to use different
logic for CAs, keys, logs).

I ended up passing some variable into erb templates and keeping the
decision logic there, but it would be rather cleaner to keep it at the
class/definition level of course.

I understand "limitation by design" though!