On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 05:18:55AM -0700, thomas wrote:

> I am trying to test stand alone puppet manifests invoking /usr/bin/
> puppet.
>
> Is there a way to override current hostname with some other value?

You can override any fact within a class or node, you just can't set it
at the top level.

So you can test things by doing something otherwise odd like:

node default {
        $hostname = 'testname'
        include test::class

Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.