Look into the city club of san francisco. Great venue, they have good
food/catering. Central to Bart stops and close to hotels around union
square. 5 minute ride to north beach or south market.
Plenty of bars and restaraunts in the area. (bars are important)
If the city club doesn't work there may be options elsewhere in the
city, so I guess I am another +1 for sf.

-Jason