(Slow replies, as always.)

On Apr 9, 2009, at 5:08 AM, Gary Law wrote:

> A few things I expect/want from support:
>       • Upgrade path that includes just bug fixes -- never any new
> features or other changes. Long term support for this.

We've not been good about this, but we're working on this being a
policy.  At the least, once 0.25 comes all, all release in a given X.Y
branch will be bugfix-only, no new features.

>       • Support during European working hours, ideally, support 24/7.

No one's ever actually asked me for European hours support,
surprisingly, and while I've been asked about 24/7 it's always been
more of a theoretical conversation rather than "and here's how much
I'd pay for it".

>       • Ability to report and track bug progress online.

I think we've got that.

>       • Ability to report bugs by email or phone.

Yep.

>       • Once-a-year-or-so contact from the reseller or vendor to ask how
> we're getting on with the product, make sure we using all the
> features, talk about roadmap and so on.

We're currently trying to do that monthly, but I expect it'll drop
back to quarterly once we get a better handle on what people want.

>       • Good product documentation.

Heh, well, ahem, James is doing great on that. :)

I actually think the Redmine Roadmap feature is pretty good at
maintaining what's gone in and out of a release, but that does need to
be processed into an UPGRADE not for each release.  I think James has
also been doing a great job there, but we haven't done as well
managing that at Reductive Labs as we should.  We'll take note and do
better.

>       • Access to good consultancy or training support if required (and
> I'd expect to pay extra for that);

Yep, got that, and people seem really happy with it.

>       • No bugs  ;)

Erm, yeah, I promise, no bugs.

Err, wait, why would I do that?  You wouldn't need any support then. :)

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.