Just so you know, part of the problem too is that Debian (I think)
ships with waitforcert=0 in a release in which Puppet thinks that
means "keep trying" rather than "exit", which means that your puppet
client will just hit the server as fast and as hard as it can.

The easiest way to track down this kind of issue can sometimes be to
look at the logs of your http proxy; Puppet actually doesn't have host
information here, because you've got that proxy, but the proxy knows
who's contacting you.

Hopefully we can add better logs in Puppet, too, though, so thanks for
filing the bug.

--
No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die
the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the