brice-pup...@daysofwonder.com (Brice Figureau) writes:

> > If I'm not mistaken it's not possible to use the file resource for
> > copying files back to the puppet master.  Is that correct?
>
> Yes it is correct.

ok.

> I think you should have a look to the filebucket[1]. It might not be
> exactly what you are asking for, but it might still help you.

No, not really but thanks for the pointer. As I said my idea would be
to use this to "manage" local configuration files, but to manage them
"centrally".

In a previous job using cvs and cfengine I used this to allow us to
maintain local configuration files normally pushed to the central
server, but under configuration control could also be used to push out
the same files on to a different box for example to replace a failed
server.

To be fair I don't expect puppet to do all of this, but it would be
nice if the current file: resource/protocol could potentially work in
both directions.  This would open up a lot of possibilities.

Simon