On Fri, 08 May 2009 08:41:22 +0200
Peter Meier wrote:

> Hi
Hi Pete,

> > yumrepo { "pic":
> >                 baseurl      =>
> > "http://server/mrepo/local-PIC-noarch/RPMS.pic/";, descr        =>
> > "pic", name         => "pic",
> >                 enabled      => absent,
> >         }
> >
> > *i also tried with "absent" and ' absent' .
>
> I think it is ensure => absent

In previous mail James told me it is enabled, and from type refernce:

enabled

Whether this repository is enabled or disabled. Possible values are
'0', and '1'. Set this to 'absent' to remove it from the file
completely Valid values are absent. Values can also match /(0|1)/

> enable is to disable the repo, but to keep the information on disk.
> However the type seems to assume enable => true for every option
> different than false or 0.
>
> > so, default option in site.pp is mandataory for the type?
>
> I don't think so. However if you look at the yum-module I wrote
> (http://git.puppet.immerda.ch/?p=module-yum.git) I manage the whole
> directory of yum.repos.d to get rid off unmanaged repos.

it's an other way for having repos under control.
thanks!

> cheers pete.
Cheers,
Arnau