josbal schrieb:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Quick question about fileservering files with puppet. I understand
> that a puppet client re-runs its catalogue, when it knows that
> catalogue has changed from the last time it ran a check.

Not entirely correct. The client applies the complete[1] catalogue
everytime it runs. That includes checking all file resources against
their source.

The other question is whether or not the server generates a new
catalogue or re-uses the old one. If you are using the "source"
parameter to transmit the file, it doesn't matter, since the contents
are not transmittet wirhin the catalogue. If you are using "content"
with a function like "file()", "template()" or "generate()", I don't
know how puppet would react. Anyone else has an idea here?

[1] modulo schedules and --tags

Regards, DavidS
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

        FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg