Am 05.06.2009 um 19:57 schrieb Derek Yarnell:

> So I have been doing some testing of content => template.  Our site
> has used a custom solution for configuration management w/ a mix of
> rsync/m4/make and a little cfengine on the side.   Now for us the
> power of m4 is that not only you can do variable substitution but it
> can include files.  I am looking to be able to include files within
> a template w/ ERB but  from the documentation that does not seem
> possible.  Or even if it is possible to have a numter of templates
> listed in my content=> that would be concatenated?
>
> Anyone else trying to do this or have done this?

IIRC (and please do cross-check with the wiki/docu to make sure), the
content attribute takes a string, whatever it is. template() is a
puppet function that returns a string, which is a suitable content for
the content attribute (sic). If you just want to concatenate a certain
set of templates regardless of any logic, that would be a way to go.

Regarding the erb templates and the possibility to include other files/
templates: rails does it, so it's possible, but I can't say if it's
rails' or erb's doing.

BR,

Felix