Arnau Bria wrote:
> I've just updated my server to puppet-server-0.24.8-1.el5.1 (from epel)
> and noticed that puppet-server stopped writing in its log:

It hasn't stopped writing it's logs, it's stopping working completely.
Upgrade Facter to 1.5.5 and restart Puppet to resolve this issue. It's
caused by two bugs in Facter that cause Puppet to sit in an infinite loop.

Essentially, Facter hangs trying to read /proc/uptime and /proc/
virtual (on my XenU guests). You should try the new Facter 1.5.5
which has the fixes for these to see if that resolves the problem. This
version is available in the EPEL Testing repo for both EL4 and EL5.

I actually had to manually fix all my servers because Puppet had
stopped working. Also, when upgrading Facter, make sure you restart
Puppet (if you're running a daemon), otherwise you can also run into
problems I've discovered.

cYa,
Avi