On Jun 3, 2009, at 6:03 AM, paul matthews wrote:

> I realise this could be a long way off as Puppet is rapidly
> evolving, with development still at the forefront but are there
> plans in the furture to offer a Puppet Certification exam. I know
> the subject of certification is not to everyone's taste, but I find
> studying for these is a good way for me to focus on learning all the
> subject areas and to demonstrate some level of competence to any
> would be employers. I think there would be benefits to Reductive
> too, I guess mostly in the area of getting people to attend training
> courses
>
> I'll get my flame proof suit on in anticipation for any replies

We've actually had quite a few people ask for certification, for
various reasons, and we plan on offering it.  We hope to have a first
pass available something like the end of 2009.  Obviously, the more
people ask for it, the faster it will get done.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
     -- Jack London