On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:14:59PM +1000, Avi Miller wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> Is it possible to test if a particular resource has already been
> defined? I'd like to do something like this:
>
> if !Host["$fqdn"] {
>     host {"$fqdn": ip => "$ipaddress_eth0" }
> }
>
> Essentially, test to see if there is no Host resource defined for the
> current server and if not, add a host entry for itself using the IP
> address of eth0.
>
> Possible?

It sounds like you might be trying to define a host in more than one place.
I'm just a journeryman myself, but I think according to The Puppet Way (TM)
that's a Bad Thing (TM).

If you make sure that the host is only potentially defined in one place, you
don't have to worry about this.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator