On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Pete Emerson wrote:

> I have a bunch of CentOS machines. In the process of puppetizing one
> of them I'm getting this warning (more complete debug info at the
> end):
>
> warning: Found multiple default providers for service: init, base;
> using init
> info: /Service[gmond]: Provider init does not support features
> enableable; not managing attribute enable
>
> Given that all of my instances are running the same OS and should be
> identical, and none of my other instances are exhibiting this
> problem, something on this instance must be slightly different.
>
> I've run the client in debug mode (see below) and the puppetmaster
> in debug mode, but haven't seen anything that is causing this issue
> (like the default PATH, for example). How do I best go about
> figuring out what is going on and fixing it?

This kind of issue is normally caused by a funky PATH, but it looks
like your service providers are halting their loading early, so maybe
you've got a provider there that's not parsing correctly and is
breaking the loading of the rest of the service providers.

I *think* that was a bug in an earlier version but is fixed in 0.24.8
or so -- providers can't break loading for other providers.

--
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment. --Barry LePatner