> usually you can get some info by point a browser at your puppetmaster

Thanks, I didn't know that ! I was turned away by an ssl certificate
error, thinking that my browser had no client cert and that was not an
issue.

There is indeed quite useful things there:

Error message:
  undefined method `new' for Puppet::Daemon:Module

Exception class:
  NoMethodError

Application root:
  /etc/puppet/rack

Backtrace:

  #                                       File
      Line      Location
  0 /srv/puppet/lib/puppet/application/puppetmasterd.rb
      36   in `run_preinit'
  1 /srv/puppet/lib/puppet/application.rb
      213  in `run'
  2 config.ru
      24
  3
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.1/vendor/rack-0.9.1/lib/rack/builder.rb
 29   in `instance_eval'
  4
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.1/vendor/rack-0.9.1/lib/rack/builder.rb
 29   in `initialize'
  5 config.ru
      1    in `new'
  6 config.ru
      1

Would this be a bug I should report in puppet's bugtracker ?

> you can also get a fully working passenger setup from here:
> http://github.com/ohadlevy/puppet-multipuppetmaster/tree/master

Thanks, I'll look at all this !

Is it required to have the "apache" user in group "puppet" ? I can't find
apache2::passenger ?

Marc