Sorry, package["anacron"] is a bad example, since that package doesn't
actually provide cron. But it behaves identically with
package["cron"].

The issue is as Teyo describes -- the failure occurs before the package
resource is ever executed. I get the same error if the package doesn't
exist, or isn't defined.

seph

Teyo Tyree <t...@reductivelabs.com> writes:

> Delivered from mobile device.
>
> On Jul 22, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Nigel Kersten <nig...@google.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM, seph<s...@directionless.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd like to use puppet to manage some cron jobs. Unfortunately, I
>>> do not
>>> have cron installed on my servers. So, I'd like to use puppet to
>>> install
>>> cron. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. Puppet complains