> Try using: ingroups => ['wheel', 'devel']

I was hoping to keep my users organised in neat classes as per the
Best Practices documentation, rather than have to define all the
groups a specific user is in all in a single place.  However, as you
point out, it is a valid work around.

I presume 'ingroups' is just an alias for 'groups'?  Its not mentioned
in the Type Reference documentation, but I tried it, and it seems to
display the same functionality as the 'groups' property.

Generally speaking, am I thinking about the '+>' in the right way?  If
you cant update and add to properties of virtual resources, then I'm
struggling to find a use for it?  Or, do I need to perhaps need to add
a dependency to ensure that I realize() my virtual resource after I've
changed its properties?

Cheers,
Bryan