Hi,

I'm working with nagios, and if I'm de-configuring a server manually, I'd like
to have the monitoring system not complain about it vanishing.

So, for each host I have:

    @@nagios_host { "$fqdn":
        use => "generic-host",
        address => $fqdn,
        contact_groups => "itstaff",
        notify => Service["nagios3"]
    }

and then on the Nagios server I have:

    resources { "nagios_host":
        purge => true,
        notify => Service["nagios3"]
    }

    Nagios_host <<| |>>

If I don't have a notify on the resources entry, the nagios host entries go
away, but nagios doesn't refresh.  If I have it on the resources entry, it
makes the service depend on it, and so won't purge:

"Service[nagios3] still depends on me -- not purging"

Is it possible to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  If so, how?

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students