I am pretty sure I am getting bitten by puppet bug #2141
(http://projects.reductivelabs.com/issues/2141), and I am wondering if
there are any workarounds.  I actually tried grabbing the versions of
the provider and type that James mentions at the bottom of that bug,
but they didn't seem to make any difference.  Here is what sets it
off:

augeas { "/etc/exports-$vmname":
                context => "/files/etc/exports",
                changes => [
                        "set dir[.='/boots/$vmname'] /boots/$vmname",
                        "set dir[.='/boots/$vmname']/client $vmname",
                        "set dir[.='/boots/$vmname']/client/option[1] rw",
                        "set dir[.='/boots/$vmname']/client/option[2] sync",
                        "set dir[.='/boots/$vmname']/client/option[3]
no_root_squash",
                ],
}

Those commands work find in augtool, and the problem withe resource
type seems to be the single quotes around '/boots/$vmname'.  I tried
removing the quotes, and that doesn't work in augtool or puppet
(augtool doesn't error out, but the match doesn't occur properly, and
the puppet type fails with a pretty useless error).

Thanks for any help.  I am trying to get away from sed/grep, but using
augeas is like pulling teeth!

--
Chad M. Huneycutt