Greetings,

The subject says it all, but I'm hiring for someone to focus on an in-
house Puppet implementation at a startup I'm working with here in Palo
Alto.

Here's the req:

COMPANY PROFILE:

Twofish (www.twofish.com) is the world's premier provider of economic
solutions for the online entertainment industry. The company's
flagship product, Twofish Elements, provides an integrated end-to-end
solution for partners, rolling together banking/financial management,
supply chain/inventory management, and advanced analytics into one
easy-to-use package. Unique features include a banking-grade account
management service, multicurrency administration and exchange, an item-
based asset lifecycle management system, a flexible offers/listing
service, and a macroeconomic policy dashboard. Twofish was founded in
2006 with venture backing from Venrock, Triple Point, and Rustic Canyon.

We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to add to our Operations
Team in a challenging and ever-changing role. Our team is laying the
groundwork for our service to morph into a reliable and process-
oriented infrastructure. Our production infrastructure is a quickly
growing, heterogeneous stack of Jboss, Tomcat, Grails, MySQL, Ubuntu,
and CentOS Linux. This combines to create a complex and dynamic
operations environment with high availability and auditability needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES:

     * Maintain and improve our application deployment processes
     * Monitor service stability and performance
     * Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, applications, and
network
     * Prioritize tasks and work independently, while interacting with
product and engineering teams
     * Configure servers and network
     * Write scripts to monitor and automate processes
     * Document current and future configuration processes and policies
     * Actively participate in 24 X 7 pager rotation

REQUIREMENTS:

     * 2+ years experience with a configuration management system
(Puppet, BCFG2, CFEngine, etc.)
     * 5+ years of tools development experience in Perl, PHP, or Java
     * 8+ years of experience with Linux/Unix/BSD
     * Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, SQL
databases, Subversion, and memcached
     * Experience in operations department of large-scale Internet
services
     * Experience programming with Ruby
     * Experience with JVM-based application stacks
     * Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one
scripting language (Ruby, Perl, Python)
     * Track record of practical problem solving

IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS:

     * B.S. in Computer Science
     * Experience with the Puppet configuration management system
     * Previous experience developing operations tools
     * Prior experience with various infrastructure processes such as
PCI, CMDB, ITIL, etc...

BENEFITS:

We know that our employees are our most valuable resource, and we
provide them with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and
stock options.
HOW TO APPLY:

Qualified applicants should send your resume and a cover letter
summarizing how your background matches the requirements to j...@twofish.com
. Please use Linux Systems Administrator in the subject line of your
email.