Hello everyone,

We're pondering moving to git for our version control system for Puppet
manifests.  However, since we have 4 puppetmasters, we're wondering how to deal
with timestamps.  Since git doesn't preserve the timestamps, and instead, sets
the current timestamp to every file it modifies, this will create a problem for
us since if a file on each of puppetmasters has a different timestamp, puppet
clients will continually update that file each time they check in with a
different puppetmaster.  How are others dealing with this issue? I hope it
isn't using checksums because we manage a lot of files and that would be a huge
performance impact.

-- DK