2009/8/24 Arnau Bria <arnaub...@pic.es>:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:52:02 -0400
> Larry Ludwig wrote:

>> I have not seen that error before and have many EL5 installs.
> I found the source of problem.
>
> I had to exclude facter from dag repo, if not, I have 2 facters
> installed, 1.5.5 and 1.3.7... and seems that 1.3.7 is the one that
> keeps its files, so if you remove that old package, its files do not
> disappear as they also belong to facter 1.5.5...

Odd as 1.5.5 should win in EVR comparison and yum should do the right thing.

It may be as the DAG package is arch specific whereas EPEL is noarch
with later versions of RHEL/Centos and fedora where ruby abi is
installed.

%define has_ruby_abi 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel} >= 5

What is the output if you do yum install facter on a clean install of
EL5 with both repos enabled?

Paul